Club jerseys are here! Come get yours April 9 or 16
The first chance to get your club jersey is this Thursday. Join us for dinner at 5:30 p.m. at Brooklyn Brothers Pizza on Hewitt Avenue in Everett, or for the meeting at 7 p.m. at Everett PUD.
Note that ride leader vests are not here yet, but may arrive by Thursday as well.
For another chance to get your jersey and vest, plan to be at Sharing Wheels on Thursday, April 16. There's a work party to fix up kids bikes from 6-9 p.m. that night. Bill Weber will lead an official BIKES Club contingent in this great volunteer effort. Sharing Wheels is at 2531 Broadway, Everett (enter through back alley).
BIKES Club meeting April 9
Join fellow BIKES members for pizza (and beer) at Brooklyn Brothers in Everett at 5:30 p.m., followed by a meeting at PUD from 7-8 p.m. In addition to having jerseys (and ride leader vests?) available for pickup, here's the agenda:
Club officers needed, elections May 14
- Ride Leading - A short discussion on how to plan and lead a club ride, so you too can earn a vest
- Club elections May 14 - learn more about open positions and how you can help
- Bike to Work Day May 15 - club volunteers needed at commuter stations
- Green Drinks May 20 - BIKES is hosting at Sharing Wheels. Helpers needed that night
- Date and volunteer coordinator for club picnic this summer
- Upcoming events
BIKES is an all volunteer organization. That means we always need people to step up to keep us rolling and riding. Club elections are in May for secretary, treasurer, vice president, and president.
Anyone may run for any position, but we are particularly in need of a club vice president - someone willing to help with meetings and events. You don't need lots of experience with the club - in fact, we're looking for new blood. You do need to commit 2-4 hours a month. Contact Kristin at email@example.com for more information on elections.